BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe
Everybody needs a great slow-cooker pulled-pork recipe. If you already have one, just give this one a try… it’s ah-MAZ-ing! If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning or after you get home from work to prepare dinner, you’re in for a treat here. This BBQ Pulled Pork is super easy to prepare and takes very little preparation. I discovered it on natashaskitchen.com, and adapted it to our liking. I was so impressed with its flavor and tenderness, two things that are a requirement when making BBQ Pulled Pork! You’ll need 15 minutes in the morning to whip this recipe together, then again about 10 minutes to shred it before you serve it. It’s simple, but far from boring.
My husband is one of those guys who likes to eat simple. He loves good food & great flavor, but hesitates when I attempt to bring marinated brussels sprouts or (delicious) guacamole to the table. (I can eat it all myself anyway, let’s be honest!).
But this BBQ Pulled Pork… it was a hit for him! It’s kid-friendly, men-friendly (I mean, which guy doesn’t like a mouthful of good meat?!), and you-friendly! 🙂 It’s bound to be a go-to for years to come. Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
BBQ Pulled Pork
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 hours
Serves: 4 people
- 1/2 large white onion
- 3-4 lbs boneless Pork Shoulder Chuck Roast
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1/2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Chop the onion and place it into the bottom of the slow cooker
- Combine the salt, pepper, and paprika, and generously sprinkle the pork roast. Massage the roast to rub the seasoning into the meat. Place the meat over the onions in the slow cooker.
- For the marinade, combine the chicken broth, BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and minced garlic, and stir to combine. Pour the marinade over the pork.
- Cover the slow cooker and set on low for 10 hours. Remove the meat to a bowl and shred. Pour as much of the extra marinade in the slow cooker over the meat. Serve with buns and extra BBQ Sauce.